ULTRA SKY TRAIL
For experienced trail runners, who wish to enjoy the alpine world
ULTRA SKY TRAIL
This route will be presented for the first time in 2020 and will reveal even more stunning landscape around Julian Alps. The route will take you from Radovljica to Jelovica (Talež, Babji zob) and to the worldwide known gem Lake Bled.
You’ll continue your race from the village Žirovnica, which is right under stunning Karawanks peaks. After a few meters of ascent, you can see Lake Bled again, alongside with its stunning island in the middle. Then your route takes you to the highest point of your race – Stol, from which you can look back on your route and see Bled again. With its 2236 meters, Stol is the highest peak in your way. Don’t forget to take some pictures from the highest point of your race, because it’ll offer breath-taking views of Julian Alps.
Your next stop from Stol is going across the ridge, right to Golica and Dovška baba. From there you have a great downhill in store, taking you straight to Mojstrana. A flat section follows next, but you still have some climbing to do – you’ll pass the Jerman waterfall next.
That’s where you get a stunning view Kranjska Gora and Julian Alps. When the 15 km route starts making its way towards the finish line is where you have to tackle another ascent – a 10 km climb towards Trupejevo poldne, which will take up a lot of your energy, but reward you with views, which are hard to describe. The route then takes you across the Karawanks ridge, right on the border between Austria and Slovenia, towards Blekova planina, where a daredevil downhill is waiting to take you to the finish line in Kranjska Gora.
Finish: Kranjska Gora
*some minor changes to the course are possible.
Distance: 104,2 km
Elevation gain: +5090 m / -4770 m
Start: FRIDAY, 25. 9. 2020, 21:00
ITRA/ UTMB: 5
There will be aid stations approximately every 10 to 15 kilometers.
|DATE||UNTIL 20. 02. 2020||UNTIL 30. 06. 2020||UNTIL 06. 09. 2020|
- Minimum number of runners is 5 (from whichever distance).
- Group registration price per runner is 10% lower than individual registrations.
We kindly ask all groups NOT to register into the system until you get a group registration code. You first have to fill out the table, which you can download to your computer, send it back to us through e-mail and then you’ll receive further instructions.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org the filled out table and you’ll receive all further information.
- Registration table
ALL RUNNERS RECEIVE
- Food and drinks at refreshment points along the route
- Finisher’s medal
- A meal in the finish area
- Men up to 30 years (born 1990 or younger)
- Men up to 40 years (born between 1980 and 1989)
- Men up to 50 years (born between 1970 and 1979)
- Men up to 60 years (born between 1960 and 1969)
- Men above 60 years (born before 1960)
- Women up to 30 years (born 1990 or younger)
- Women up to 40 years (born between 1980 and 1989)
- Women up to 50 years (born between 1970 and 1979)
- Women up to 60 years (born between 1960 and 1969)
- Women above 60 years (born before 1960)
In order for a category to be valid, there must be at least 10 female or male runners signed up.
*BIB number that must always be visible
Appropriate running shoes
Water reserve for the time between aid stations (1L)
*Cup (15 cL minimum)
* Extra batteries for your head lamp
Survival blanket (1,40 x 2,0 m minimum)
*Basic first aid kit
*Long trousers or leggings
*Additional warm midlayer
Hat/buff and gloves
* BIB number must be placed at the front of your body, to your t-shirt or a belt
* You need to bring your own drinking cup (15 cL minimum). There will be no plastic cups at aid stations, so each runner must provide their own.
*Additional batteries for your head lamp – you must carry additional batteries or an additional head lamp.
* Hooded jacket. The jacket must have a hood and must be waterproof.
* Basic first aid kit, which must have at least one or two gauzes, one elastic bandage and a packet of plasters.
* Long trousers or leggings, which fully cover your skin.
* Additional warm middle layer, which covers your arms in full.
Time limit for finishing this route is thirty (30) hours.