ULTRA TRAIL JA
A true trail running challenge from Soča valley, across Bled to Kranjska Gora
ULTRA TRAIL JULIAN ALPS (UTJA)
Queen stage, taking you around Julian Alps, is a true challenge for all ultra-trail lovers.
You start in historic Kobarid, right in the stunning Soča Valley. From then you continue towards Tolmin, where the route gets even more interesting – taking you above Podbrdo and Črna prst towards Soriška planina.
Your breath will be taken away many times along the way, as you’ll be able to see Slovenia’s highest mountain Triglav for most of the way. Your route continues across the ridge towards Ratitovec, from which you descend towards Jelovica and continue towards Babji zob. This is where you’ll join ways with 100 km runners and continue towards Bled.
From there the route takes you towards Žirovnica, right under stunning Karawanks peaks. This is where your climb towards the highest peak Stol begins. Don’t forget to take some pictures from the highest point of your race, because it’ll offer breath-taking views of Julian Alps.
Your next stop from Stol is going across the ridge, right to Golica and Dovška baba. From there you have a great downhill in store, taking you straight to Mojstrana. A flat section follows next, but you still have some climbing to do.
You’ll start climbing in Gozd Martuljek and go towards Srednji vrh, which is only a downhill away from your finish in Kranjska Gora.
Finish: Kranjska Gora
*some minor changes to the course are possible.
Distance: 177 km
Elevation gain: +8005 m / -7440 m
Start: FRIDAY, 24. 9. 2021, 12:00
ITRA/ UTMB: 6
Koča na planini
Koča na Golici
|DATE||UNTIL 15. 03. 2021||UNTIL 30. 06. 2021||UNTIL 06. 09. 2021|
- Online registration
- The registration is final once we receive your payment.
- If you pay the fee within 24 hours from signing up, we’ll send you a free training plan for your selected distance.
- Maximum number of runners is 150.
- Minimum number of runners is 5 (from whichever distance).
- Group registration price per runner is 10% lower than individual registrations.
We kindly ask all groups NOT to register into the system until you get a group registration code. You first have to fill out the table, which you can download to your computer, send it back to us through e-mail and then you’ll receive further instructions.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org the filled out table and you’ll receive all further information.
- Registration table
ALL RUNNERS RECEIVE
- Food and drinks at refreshment points along the route
- Finisher’s medal
- A meal in the finish area
Men up to 30 years (born 1991 or younger)
Men up to 40 years (born between 1981 and 1990)
Men up to 50 years (born between 1971 and 1980)
Men up to 60 years (born between 1961 and 1970)
Men above 60 years (born before 1961)
Women up to 30 years (born 1991 or younger)
Women up to 40 years (born between 1981 and 1990)
Women up to 50 years (born between 1971 and 1980)
Women up to 60 years (born between 1961 and 1970)
Women above 60 years (born before 1961)
In order for a category to be valid, there must be at least 10 female or male runners signed up.
*BIB number that must always be visible
Appropriate running shoes +
Water reserve for the time between aid stations (1L) +
*Cup (15 cL minimum)
*Additional batteries for your head lamp
Survival blanket (1,40 x 2,0 m minimum)
*Basic first aid kit
*Long trousers or leggings
*Additional warm midlayer
Hat/buff and gloves
* BIB number must be placed at the front of your body, to your t-shirt or a belt
* You need to bring your own drinking cup (15 cL minimum). There will be no plastic cups at aid stations, so each runner must provide their own.
*Additional batteries for your head lamp – you must carry additional batteries or an additional head lamp.
* Hooded jacket. The jacket must have a hood and must be waterproof.
* Basic first aid kit, which must have at least one or two gauzes, one elastic bandage and a packet of plasters.
* Long trousers or leggings, which fully cover your skin.
* Additional warm middle layer, which covers your arms in full.
Time limit for finishing this route is 46 hours.