I FEEL SLOVENIA ULTRA TRAIL JA
A true trail running challenge from Soča valley, across Bled to Kranjska Gora
I FEEL SLOVENIA ULTRA TRAIL JULIAN ALPS (UTJA)
Queen stage, taking you around Julian Alps, is a true challenge for all ultra-trail lovers.
You start in historic Kobarid, right in the stunning Soča Valley. From then you continue towards Tolmin, where the route gets even more interesting – taking you above Podbrdo and Črna prst towards Soriška planina.
Your breath will be taken away many times along the way, as you’ll be able to see Slovenia’s highest mountain Triglav for most of the way. Your route continues across the ridge towards Ratitovec, from which you descend towards Jelovica and continue towards Babji zob. This is where you’ll join ways with 100 km runners and continue towards Bled.
From there the route takes you towards Žirovnica, right under stunning Karawanks peaks. This is where your climb towards the highest peak Stol begins. Don’t forget to take some pictures from the highest point of your race, because it’ll offer breath-taking views of Julian Alps.
Your next stop from Stol is going across the ridge, right to Golica and Dovška baba. From there you have a great downhill in store, taking you straight to Mojstrana. A flat section follows next, but you still have some climbing to do.
You’ll start climbing in Gozd Martuljek and go towards Srednji vrh, which is only a downhill away from your finish in Kranjska Gora.
Finish: Kranjska Gora
*some minor changes to the course are possible.
Distance: 170 km
Elevation gain: +8000 m
Start: FRIDAY, 8.9. 2023, 12:00 in Kobarid
UTMB RUNNING STONES: 4
Koča na planini
Prešernova koča na Stolu
Registration fees are presented on this link.
In case bus transfer is needed from Kranjska Gora to start of the race additional charge 10 EUR will apply.
- Online registration
- The registration is final once we receive your payment.
- If you pay the fee within 24 hours from signing up, we’ll send you a free training plan for your selected distance.
- Maximum number of runners is 400.
Minimum number of runners is 5 (from whichever distance).
Group registration price per runner is 15% (10 km, 15 km, 25 km, 60 km) or 10 % (100 km, 170 km) lower than individual registrations.
We kindly ask all groups NOT to register into the system until you get a group registration code. You first have to fill out the table, which you can download to your computer, send it back to us through e-mail and then you’ll receive further instructions.
Please e-mail us at email@example.com with the filled out table and you’ll receive all further information.
ALL RUNNERS RECEIVE
- Food and drinks at refreshment points along the route
- Finisher’s medal
- A meal in the finish area
Water reserve for the time between aid stations (1L)
*Cup (15 cL minimum)
*Additional batteries for your head lamp
Survival blanket (1,40 x 2,0 m minimum)
*Basic first aid kit
*Long trousers or leggings
*Additional warm middle layer
Hat/buff and gloves
* BIB number must be placed at the front of your body, to your t-shirt or a belt
* You need to bring your own drinking cup (15 cL minimum). There will be no plastic cups at aid stations, so each runner must provide their own.
*Additional batteries for your head lamp – you must carry additional batteries or an additional head lamp.
* Hooded jacket. The jacket must have a hood and must be waterproof.
* Basic first aid kit, which must have at least one or two gauzes, one elastic bandage and a packet of plasters.
* Long trousers or leggings, which fully cover your skin.
* Additional warm middle layer, which covers your arms in full.
Time limit for finishing this route is 46 hours.
Soriška planina (69km) – 16 hours
Rovtarica (90km) – 21 hours
Žirovnica (120 km) – 28,5 hours
Dovje (155 km) – 42,5 hours
KG (172 km) – 46 hours